Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror's Horror
Thread: Horror's Horror
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm not at all into horror movies, but I have seen some good ones which you might be interested in. There's one called Dust Devil (I can give you a link to my review of it if you want) and then there's the original (not the remake) of Let the Right One In, fantastic vampire movie. I rather like John Carpenter's Vampires and its sequel Los Muertos, and then there's the (again, original) of Fright Night and of course The Lost Boys, though whether they would qualify as horror or not I don't know. Finally, though a science-fiction film, if you haven't seen Event Horizon yet, you should check that out.

I'm sure you'll be inundated with recs, but from my limited (very limited) enjoyment of horror style movies, this is what I have for you to start with.

Best of luck!
I've never heard of Dust Devil so, yes feel free to link my to your review of it.

As for Let the Right One In, I saw the remake and I know it's nearly a sin but, I plan to watch the original at some point. I liked the remake, thought it was done well and the kids were really great in their roles but, I know they changed a lot.

Come on now of course I've watch John Carpenter's Vampires. I'm just not much of a fan of vampires in general. At least they don't SPARKLE IN THE SUN THOUGH. My favorite vampire movie is From Dusk Til Dawn though. I might be bias because, I've always crushed on George Clooney. Nah, it's actually just a really good movie.

Los Muertos I don't think I have watched thank you for giving me some material I haven't heard of before.

Watched both the original and (horrible) remake of Fright Night (Colin is such a pretentious twat) the original is alright.

The Lost Boys is a classic and I still feel chills when I hear that song. You know the one.

I do believe I've watched Event Horizon but, can't say I remember it well so I'll have to check on that one.

Thanks so, so much for taking the time to give me these.
Quote:
^The remake of Let the Right One In is just as good imo, I just don't see the point in making it as the only major difference is the language it's spoken in.

Here are two not exactly horror films that you could call horror that I love.
Begotten
Funny Games
Funny Games I can't remember if I watched both or just the more modern (perhaps remake) one. Either way I remember it being the best home invasion movie I've watched even up until today. Fantastic movie. That being said I think I've never watched the original so maybe I should!

"This gory and entirely visual film tells the surreal tale of the death and rebirth of gods." - YES PLEASE.

Thanks for taking the time to give me some recs!
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote