Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror's Horror
Thread: Horror's Horror
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
To be fair, the Funny Games remake is actually surprisingly similar to the Let the Right One In remake in that they're both basically identical films to their respective originals apart from the cast, production quality, and such.
I think there's a bias with the original films. A cult following. It's like when you take my favorite horror movie (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and remake it there's going to be a bunch of puritans that will shun even the idea. Though, this might be a bad example considering they changed a lot.

I actually really enjoyed the remake it was well done IMO but, lacked the kind of home movie quality the original had it was almost like actually watching something really happening. That could just be the charm of older movies though. It's nearly impossible to do in recent years when everything is so polished.

Quote:
grindy Both Funny Games movies are even done by the same director.
I haven't seen the remake, but the acting in the original version is great and I can't imagine the remake being better in that department. Also Germans are always good for adding some creepiness.
The remake is well done. It feels real. It's creepy as hell and if I didn't know that they were actors I would believe I had been watching some sick recording someone just put on my TV. It doesn't try too hard to be what it isn't.

Quote:
Naomi Watts is a million times hotter than Susanne Lothar, ergo she's a better actress. Honestly though, I'd say that the acting is on par with the original tbh. The director generally plays a big role on the acting styles, and given how anal Haneke is about his films it shouldn't be any surprise.
I'm really bad with names but, I think I might have to watch the original now just for kicks maybe one day when I find myself bored and have nothing to do.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote