Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror's Horror
Thread: Horror's Horror
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
I think there's a bias with the original films. A cult following. It's like when you take my favorite horror movie (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and remake it there's going to be a bunch of puritans that will shun even the idea. Though, this might be a bad example considering they changed a lot.

I actually really enjoyed the remake it was well done IMO but, lacked the kind of home movie quality the original had it was almost like actually watching something really happening. That could just be the charm of older movies though. It's nearly impossible to do in recent years when everything is so polished.

The remake is well done. It feels real. It's creepy as hell and if I didn't know that they were actors I would believe I had been watching some sick recording someone just put on my TV. It doesn't try too hard to be what it isn't.
Pretty much agree with everything that you've said here, although there are a couple of exceptions to the original is better theory like Scarface, True Grit, and Insomnia.

Another rec: Creep. I thought that it was a really well done found footage movie, a genre that has gotten a pretty bad reputation over the years after all of the Blair Witch ripoffs. Still, worth the time even if you can say that you saw it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote