Music Banter - View Single Post - The Force Awakens...opinion
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
Uhh Kylo is not a Sith lord. Snoke isn't either until we can confirm if he is Darth Plageuis. It makes sense why he got beat to crap because of how torn he is between the light and the dark sides. I think in 8 he will not be as much of a push over.

My overall thought on the movie...

It was really good. Just not great. They sidelined a ton of characters I was really excited to see explored (Captain Phasma and Poe Damaran) But what they created was the setup to something bigger. Starkiller Base didn't feel as sinister as the Deathstar. It was defeated pretty easily. I did feel the emotion though with the encounter between Han and Ren. That was a little heart wrenching,
you didn't find the similarities to New Hope to be really unimaginative?

There is so much star wars literature and fan stories about this continuum that they could've picked something awesome.

Like, I watch the cut scene montage for Knights of the Old Republic on youtube and that 15-20 minute snippet is better than this farce of a film. Not to mock your tastes but that's sincerely how I feel about it.

There are so many inspired artists who are fans of this film. The Force Unleashed storyline was amazing!!!! Starkiller was a beast!!!

So I'm confused by the lack of innovation with this...maybe Lucas took all the magic with him. I just need to accept that it was what it was but I was hoping for so much more.
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote