Music Banter - View Single Post - UK Politics
Thread: UK Politics
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #72 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
That's just a near universal truth. This world isn't designed for the lower class to prosper, it's designed for people to prosper off them.
(I bold to make things easier to follow, not because I'm a pompous f)ck, I'm not here to argue, just to make my points)

Hmmm that is a very Marxist way of looking at things, but of course there is some truth in it, cutting labour costs is one sure way to ensure that a business has more profit to pass onto its investors.

However the world is based on...

1) Competing nation states first...

2) The power of multinational corporations second...

A good example would be United States corporations not being able to do business in China without conceding some of their intellectual property and patens to the Chinese government and its corporate competitors.

In exchange American corporations are allowed access to what is shaping up to be the futures biggest consumer market.

Another example would be that American workers (who are richer) are losing their jobs to Chinese workers, many who eventually work there way into China's growing middle class.

In regards to immigration, in Canada you may be surprised to know that a large proportion of Canadians of Asian heritage have more money or on par Canadians of European or Native decent.

This is because Canada's immigration comes largely from two rising superpowers China and India.

People from India come here and start successful small business that earn them entry into the middle class.

People from China already have a $hitload of money, they buy up all the property, start big business and hire largely Chinese workers who benefit and work their way up the ladder.

However if your an immigrant from a powerless nation like Haiti or Vietnam your economic prospects are less bright unless you take out a student loan.

So yes being poor sucks. but if your Nation State is on the ball, you'll fare much better.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote