Music Banter - View Single Post - The Future of Prog looking forward, Grim?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #157 (permalink)
Tributary Records
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You and bloody pro tools! Did someone from their company once do something on you?? What the HELL has it got to do with modern prog? PROVE to me that all or most modern prog bands use Pro Tools exclusively to record and make their music. It's just a tool, hence the name. It doesn't compose the bloody music.

Gazpacho's first album came out in 2003. Anyway, what does it matter when they begun? They're still recording and playing, which makes them modern bands. If you mean modern as in only formed in the last decade

also

And using the possibility of one prog festival unable to survive doesn't negate all the festivals that ARE thriving. Marillion do a "Marillion Weekend" every year. It always sells out and just gets bigger. Also, you neglected to mention that NEARfest ran for over a decade before it was wound up. And "All NEARfests were complete sellouts, outside of the 2011 cancellation." (Wiki) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEARfest

So what if your bands are on Prog Archives? What does that prove? You're telling us there are no new prog bands around who are good. I'm saying look at the list of the albums that were released in 2013, 2014 or last year and were picked for their top 50 or whatever. I'm willing to bet none of your guys will be on that list.

Never said you didn't respect those bands I brought up? No, that's true, because apart from SB you totally ignored any reference I made to them. Now you dismiss them because they're not modern? Your world must be a comfy, cosy, safe little place, is all I can say.

You tempt me to call you an idiot. All the best prog bands recorded on vinyl because there was nothing else! Do you think bands like Yes, Genesis, Supertramp etc decided once CDs and Pro Tools came to be that "Oh no way man! We're not using them!" Get real, for the love of all that's holy. Your arguments are wafer-thin and it's embarrassing talking to you and trying to make you see sense.
But none of those bands made their best albums in the digital era did they?
There is a reason for this. Open your ears and have a listen.

Nearfest was always losing money. It was an act of philanthropy really.

Why no significant profest on the west coast? Do explain that one.
Tributary Records is offline   Reply With Quote