Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #2595 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Well it's the impression that I got with statements like "I fully expect to hate this" prefacing nearly every one of my rec reviews. And you hating Blur is just another sign that there's hope for you yet.
Yeah but I may fully expect to hate it but then end up liking it. As I say, Melting thingy being a case in point where I was fully sure I would not like the album but ended up being really impressed by it. The problem may lie in the fact that you keep picking stuff you must know I won't enjoy, as if by sheer force of will you can make me like it. If you chose something more to my tastes you'd have better success. Another case in point: Beefheart. Hated TMR, loved BJ&M. And you pretty much knew how that would go. So if you think I'll hate something (and how could you not have expected that with Fire Orchestra, knowing my tastes?) then you should not be surprised when that prediction comes true.

I'm sure you listen to a wide variety of music, some of which I probably would like. So why not, when recs reopen, rec one of them instead of this other stuff you know I'll hate? Or at least, if you're not going to do that, then be prepared to accept that I'll hate your recs.