Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #310 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I've never heard of Mr Miuster or Bad English. And I don't think Survivor has enough hits to get on. Bat II has five hit singles. Notice the word hit. I misspoke when I said 20 million copies sold. It's 13 million, but that's really high. Not to mention, five hit singles. Anything for Love, Life is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back, Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through, Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are", and Good Girls Go to Heaven. Two of the music videos for these singles were directed by Michael Bay.
Plus, Def Leppard's Hysteria sold 20 million, and we have no other Def Leppard albums in the lists. I'd at least like these two to get in. I don't care much about the rest.

But, I'll see what I can do about that child list.
You've never heard of "Broken Wings" "Kyrie" or "Is It Love" by Mr. Mister? Also Survivor were one of the biggest selling of all AOR bands and had plenty of hits. Bad English was a supergroup from the members of Journey and The Babys and their debut was a classic album and one of the best of the later AOR glory period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
Added the Emo and new Arena Rock list. I replaced The Seventh One with IV because I trust Unknown and Anteater a bit more on this one. Sorry, JGuy.
Well IV is the more famous album but The Seventh One is the superior album.

Like I said before you really need to do two cats for AOR and Arena as it will end up being a mess. For example AOR is primarily an American west coast movement so most of its bands come from there, of course there were a lot of big AOR bands that didn't, but they still looked like that they came from California Even then its rock and pop influenced bands sounded quite different as well. All the bands were pretty smooth sounding and Foreigner was about as rough around the edges that they got, but that was probably due to its half British band members.

I'd put Meat Loaf and British bands like Def Leppard in a different cat, in fact Van Hagar era Van Halen was probably nearer to AOR on their commercial stuff than Def Leppard ever were.

Personally I'd go with the two lists I sent earlier and create a third for arena rock, you've already got enough lists to last you for the next ten years, so two or three extra lists won't make much difference.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote