Music Banter - View Single Post - RIP Glenn Frey, Eagles.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I never heard a bad word about the Eagles, but I heard plenty criticism of Bowie even from day one when I first heard him. I admit I've been conditioned to expect criticism of David Bowie. I would not be surprised if I found criticism in Bowie's RIP thread so I would most likely not call them out on it. I thought if I express anything or bring up any personal feeling about Bowie I would only open myself up for an ad hominem attack, even if what I said was positive. I really didn't go through the Bowie thread because of that.
Actually, none of that refers to what I was saying. I didn't say there weren't problems with the Eagles. I'm not that naive. I just said it was in poor taste to bring them up on the very day he died. And I still stand by that.

As it goes, you can walk from the OP in the Bowie thread to the last post, and there is not one person --- not one --- who has anything in the slightest way negative to say about him. Even those who don't know his music acknowledge what a legend he was. 100% positive.