Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #498 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
Alright...

I think we need an Art Punk list, or we need to remove one of the Post-Punk albums, for one critical reason. Television is in no way, shape or form, Proto-Punk. It just has nothing to do with the rest of the albums on that list, and much more to do with the Post-Punk scene of the late 70s and early 80s. With this change, I propose that Television come off of Proto-Punk, and be replaced with Here Are The Sonics!!! The Sonics could easily be replaced with another Garage Rock album. Up to you all, though.

And those three "cats" are up because why not.

EDIT- Frown, the EP or LP Duck Stab?
Television were one of the founding bands of the New York CBGB scene, before punk ever broke. When they started out they actually did play a very proto-punk style, and it was only later that they evolved to what you hear on Marquee Moon.

I don't care what list they're on, but saying that they simply aren't proto-punk is to ignore history.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote