Music Banter - View Single Post - OK Tin hat on - ADELE - Discuss!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 AM   #94 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I do feel successfully trolled.
He made me realize that music I like is not particularly popular, while other, possibly less deserving, music is.
I never noticed that before and am pretty pissed and sad now.
The thing about that is grindy, is that I have known this fact for a very long time. The majority of music I listen to isn't popular, save for maybe a couple dozen bands or artists. There's a plethora of bad music that is ridiculously popular out there where you see some of those bands or artists winning Grammy's. It's the way of the industry now. Used to be that an artist or band that actually changed the course of music for the better were the ones winning a Grammy or receiving awards of some kind. It seems nowadays it's more about a popularity contest, not so much about contributions to music made. Like you. This too bothers me. But I find solace in the fact that a large portion of the music that I listen to that while not as popular, it's still a lot better.

So don't give a damn what this supposed self proclaimed Adele fanatic has to say about your less popular music. Just listen to it. We won't likely see the industry have an epiphany and suddenly realize they've blacklisted talent from their little dick measuring award ceremony, and decide that it's time to make it right. When you have Pop idols winning Grammy's or an award for best rock song, best rock performance or video, it's rather clear that the industry is ran by cackling idiots.

But in the event you weren't serious. Stop enabling this troll so he'll go away.