Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 03:44 AM   #91 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
Just thought I'd try and have some sort of valid communication with him for once.

Good luck with that.

I also really doubt that he loves Adele.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #92 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

He's also convinced himself that he is successfully trolling us.

It's as obvious as a finger in the eye.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:13 AM   #93 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,769
Default

I do feel successfully trolled.
He made me realize that music I like is not particularly popular, while other, possibly less deserving, music is.
I never noticed that before and am pretty pissed and sad now.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 AM   #94 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I do feel successfully trolled.
He made me realize that music I like is not particularly popular, while other, possibly less deserving, music is.
I never noticed that before and am pretty pissed and sad now.
The thing about that is grindy, is that I have known this fact for a very long time. The majority of music I listen to isn't popular, save for maybe a couple dozen bands or artists. There's a plethora of bad music that is ridiculously popular out there where you see some of those bands or artists winning Grammy's. It's the way of the industry now. Used to be that an artist or band that actually changed the course of music for the better were the ones winning a Grammy or receiving awards of some kind. It seems nowadays it's more about a popularity contest, not so much about contributions to music made. Like you. This too bothers me. But I find solace in the fact that a large portion of the music that I listen to that while not as popular, it's still a lot better.

So don't give a damn what this supposed self proclaimed Adele fanatic has to say about your less popular music. Just listen to it. We won't likely see the industry have an epiphany and suddenly realize they've blacklisted talent from their little dick measuring award ceremony, and decide that it's time to make it right. When you have Pop idols winning Grammy's or an award for best rock song, best rock performance or video, it's rather clear that the industry is ran by cackling idiots.

But in the event you weren't serious. Stop enabling this troll so he'll go away.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:36 AM   #95 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,769
Default

You really need to fix your sarcasm indicator.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:38 AM   #96 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You really need to fix your sarcasm indicator.
Leave me alone I've been drinking.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:22 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rude gentleman
 
Blue Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe_the_first View Post
Blimey a million more hits since I posted this yesterday.

Think about it - SIXTY SIX MILLION HITS on a Karaoke session.

Kinda puts all your crap into perspective doesn't it?
'November Rain' by Guns'n' Roses has more than 521 000 000 views. So, your point is invalid.
Blue Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #98 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Leave me alone I've been drinking.
Hey, stop stealing my ****.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #99 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hey, stop stealing my ****.
Are you claiming to be original?
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #100 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Default

She can sing, thats for sure.

How much of her own stuff does she write?
wrong note rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.