Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #3742 (permalink)
UnfiguredPuzzle
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
So...you are looking for recommendations?
Try to be more precise. Are you looking for rock, pop, classical?
It's a lot of stuff you've listed there and it's hard to get a real feel from it as to what you want to find. How about you start with one or two things you are looking for.
You should also read up on what Death Metal is. Slipknot and Finntroll sure aren't.
I tried to give you a detailed description of what I would like. It doesn't necessarily have to belong to any genre. Perhaps I may find most music boring because I find most of all forms of media these days boring. Most media now is designed to appeal to the average person. I would be willing to listen to music that would stimulate my intellect more, music too complex for average people to prefer. Tracks that would stimulate my emotions more than the predictable beats of most modern music.

There are many examples of this in classical music so I will look into that anyway. What is the closest you can come to from what I'm describing, in modern music?
UnfiguredPuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote