Music Banter - View Single Post - Prog Folk from the Anglosphere
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Judy Dyble and Jackie McAuley are Trader Horne. I found this track on a compilation of bands related to Fairport Convention. (I'm not absolutely certain, but think this would fall under Acid Folk.)
Trader Horne / Morning Way
Hey! I also came across Trader Horne recently while looking around at progfolk artists!
For decades, I suspect, they had been completely forgotten, but now the internet has made their music more available again. The track you've posted is pretty sweet; beautifully clear guitar and female vocal , though I would've liked a bit more piano. It turns up tantalizingly for about half a bar at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Are you kidding? That was great.
I'm glad you liked the Dr.Strangely Strange, Neapolitan, but I wouldn't rush out to buy their complete discography, if I were you. In fact, I'd recommend the same caution with Amazing Blondel, who for me are just too light, too nice. This track is ok because we are spared the rather weak, ingratiating vocals that spoil most of their material imo:-