Music Banter - View Single Post - Prove Jesus Christ exists, judge orders priest
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #88 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Does god exist? Who knows. But if he does ... does he deserve our worship? I would argue not, certainly not. He's all knowing, all powerful. He created a flawed existence, he set them boundaries that he knew they would break (because he had created them that way). He knows exactly what effects his actions will make, and they're certainly not leaving the world in a good state (just look at Africa, China and most poor areas of any country). That God was and is able to end this, but instead he allows it to continue and perpetuate itself and then strut his stuff claiming to be loving? Bullshit. If he exists, he doesn't even deserve recognition, let alone love. To say "but he has a higher plan for us!" - I'm sorry but what? Do you think people homeless, starving and with AIDs that they were born with care about his higher plan? Do you honestly think that his higher plan is even necessary considering that he's omnipotent and omniscient? He can do whatever he wants, so he should pull his finger out and sort things out because a few preachy christians with good intent certainly aren't going to solve everything any time soon. Either God is as described in the Bible, and a complete bastard to top. Or God is not as incredible as it's claimed and spends his time with a pumped up ego and a cocktail on the beach.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote