Music Banter - View Single Post - Theory: DOes every genre have a chance at an amazing album?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Default Theory: DOes every genre have a chance at an amazing album?

I am aware of how trashed on a lot of genres can be, like brostep, teen pop, trap, crunkcore, modern novelty songs, etc. But as a fan of brostep, I found Excision's Codename X and an experimental brostep album with modern classical/ambient undertones that was so strange but amazing because of it (Deconstructing Nature by Sakuraburst). Of course, that's from one fan's opinion. A better example would be the fanfare of Carly Rae Jespen's latest album, Emotion. It's said to be one of the best albums of the year, even by teen pop haters. I've seen a lot of comments about its greatness. So, I'm wondering. Does every genre, even crunkcore, trap, and all that, have a chance to show off a critically acclaimed album? Not just one that gets a bunch of sales, but one that the critics and music junkies love? Will we at some point find a trap, teen pop, crunkcore, etc. album rated as one of the greatest albums of all time?

I think so. I can't see why not. But usually, many people from these styles aren't very good musicians.

(Oh, and please move this to the general music section. My bad.)

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 02-27-2016 at 11:09 AM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote