Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:11 AM   #879 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I'm certainly not sold on Trump as a candidate, but I know that - at this moment in time - he's the one I would vote for if I were an American.
You might want to reconsider that when you crunch the numbers of his budget plan...

The nonpartisan group has calculated that Trump’s proposals would cost as much as $15 trillion over the next decade, bringing the debt-to-GDP ratio from an estimated 86 percent in 2026 under current government policies to between 115 percent and 140 percent.

Donald Trump Economics: Will His Presidency Make The American Economy 'Great' Again?

Trump desire to slash tax rates dramatically while refusing to cut back on social security and medicaid would put the US in a major whole

I like Trump for his economic nationalization, his lynch pin to make America great again by re-negotiation trade deals, however this is the one part of his economic plan that would probably be very hard to implement in reality.

Clinton on the other hand has a some of the world's top economists in her corner. I can guarntee you that both Summers, Stiglitz & mabye even Krugman will most likely be economic advisors to her Presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I don't understand how Trump is considered racist. Has he ever said anything that's actually racist? I feel like I've asked this already.
I don't think he's genuinely racist, but he's been playing with some dark xenophobic powers to win over the Republican base, and as a result, I think he's ailientated too many average Americans to win the Presidency.

His refusal to disavow David Duke two days before super teusday when he had done so a day prior was politics at its most rancid. We know he didn't disavow David Duke because he didn't want to lose white votes in the southern states to Ted Cruz, and we know the liberal media asked him that question on more than one occasion, because they could pin him to the wall on it.

At any rate, the stratedgy seemed to pay off for Trump for now, as he pretty much mopped up the floor with the confederate states, as did Clinton...just with a different voting bloc.

Trump's one Trump card, is that he has shown an uncanny ability to uttler demolish his oppenents, but I think this will be harder to do with Hillary, particulary because she is a women, and it will be very hard not to come off as shovinest or sexist.

You can also bet the Democrats will play every bigoted sondbite from Trump, from his comments on Mexican rapists, to banning all muslims (abliet temporarily) to quoting Benito Mussolini, to dancing around the question of David Duke, over and over and over again...and so they should!