Music Banter - View Single Post - Prove Jesus Christ exists, judge orders priest
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Cobain
He made us with free choice. Because he gave us that he was a fool, and he should never have done it?
I didn't say that, though partially yes. He did a number of things things, 1) gave us free choice, 2) made us susceptible, 3) created a tree to tempt us, 4) didn't deal with the devil promptly letting him further corrupt us, 5) knew exactly what this combination of things would lead too.

Would you put a chocolate cake on a table, put a 5 year old in the room and tell him not to eat the cake and then leave the room? If you would, you're a ****ing idiot. God either did not exist as stated in the Bible (in which case there's no point in worshipping him because you don't know what of him is true or not), or he's a ****ing idiot (in which case, if you worship him, you're as much of an idiot as he is). Like I say, I don't care if God exists or not, but worshipping him is near sighted.

Quote:
Their was a man that wanted to take away free choice, and Fal, he was a bad man...because that was Hitler. I guess God can't win.
Hitler wanted to kill Jews too - and he did. I don't get your point, why must the removal of free choice equate to being Hitler?

Out of interest, was it free will that we ate the apple? I mean, he knew exactly what would lead us to eating the apple and knew exactly how to stop it. He put us in a situation that he knew we couldn't resist and he set the ball rolling. He did nothing to stop it after that, so was it free choice? Or did we choose to do it because he left us with no other expected options (which arguably isn't free choice anyway).

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote