Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #3796 (permalink)
EvangelionLovr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillate View Post
I was born in '92, so we're probably close to the same age (unless you're late '90s). You're seeing a lot of '90s trends (mainly fashion) coming back as well as some of the album covers and vibes. I'm actually hearing the horrendous cliche '80s synths and drum samples making a comeback in the past few years...

To be honest, I've never understood what the hell indie even is anymore. I just know I've listened to some of the stuff on Bandcamp, Soundcloud, and various YouTube videos or artists recommended by blogs or even just people my own age.

I guess the sound that immediately turns me off is the vocals drenched in heavy reverb where you can't really understand what they're saying with some purposely lo-fi production and a song structure that doesn't really go anywhere. I'm not opposed to that production or songwriting style, but it had a place in the '80s and '90s and it feels really forced to me...a cop out by a lot of bands that can't really write good songs and get by being artsy for the sake of being artsy. Gotta be something more to it, I think.
I was born in 91, so yeah. I don't know. I guess I'm just not as picky when it comes to music, not that that's a bad thing.

Try this, even though it may not be what you like:

EvangelionLovr is offline   Reply With Quote