Music Banter - View Single Post - Hot Hot Heat
Thread: Hot Hot Heat
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
1. HHH is infinitly better than FF, and definitly better than the Rapture. I don't even know why we are talking about those bands now.
You're out of your mind, The Rapture are infinitely better than any other Dance-Punk band. !!! and LCD Soundsystem are the only bands that even come close.

Quote:
2. As far as the White Stripes originality, there aren't many genuinely new styles left to create. When everyone is jumping to make something diffrent things get exhausted really quick. I don't think the fact that the stripes play the blues is why they got the title of innovative, but rather their entire packages, as a whole landed them that title.
There are innovative bands coming out the wordwork these days. Go listen to Noise or Post-Rock and tell me those bands aren't some of the most original to come out in years.

Quote:
3. Honestly, I've never heard a television or go4 song, and I've heard Velvet Underground and hate it all. Their overblown to all hell in my opinion.
You're missing out on Television and Gang of Four, and I'm not sure I can even respect the opinion of someone who loves The White Stripes and hates The Velvet Underground.

Anyway, I think Hot Hot Heat are pretty good. The Knock Knock Knock EP is the best thing they've ever done, and they've been going downhill ever since.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote