Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #36465 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Tonight is the 2nd Open Mic night I'm hosting at the cafe my daughter manages. I've been getting ready to move into a Condo all week so I'm really not prepared like I wanted to be. I just have to get through a small set list tonight and then it's all on everyone else. We had some really good musicians last time, so hopefully we'll get the same ones and a few more. If the sign-up sheet gets filled, then I'm off the hook and can just sit back, drink free beer, and enjoy everybody else's show, all while slightly tweaking and adjusting the new PA for different styles/approaches as different acts come up to the stage.
Out of curiosity does the cafe tend to attract particular genres? Or is there a surprising variety of musicians? In cafes out here I very rarely see anything outside the walls of folk / light indie rock, almost exclusively acoustic guitarists and vocalists. I get that the atmosphere draws lighter music but it'd be nice to walk in on some blues or maybe something jazzy every once in a while.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote