Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #5564 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Light Yagami is quite possibly the greatest sociopath in all of anime/manga, and I want to masturbate every time he figures out how to out-evil himself.
I'm not going to ask about your strange sexual desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Adam Wingard is directing a live-action movie adaptation and I absolutely cannot wait. I haven't seen any of the other live-action takes on the story, but Wingard's work with The Guest and You're Next was great, and I can't wait to see what he does with the hard R rating.
I've never seen anything by Wingared since I'm not a horror fan. But Death Note's amazing and I can't wait for the movie, and I'm aware Wingared's one of the greatest horror directors of the decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I've never heard anything good about any live action anime adaptation of any kind, but an R-rated Death Note sounds promising. Just so long as they can cast the right Light Yagami. So long as he gives me the heeby jeebies then I can probably forgive a lot of ****ty movie making.
Who knows? Maybe we'll see a whole new side of Nat. Maybe not. I didnb't really grow up with NBB, so I wouldn';t know much about him. But I do feel he's a bit nerdy looking for the role. The thing is, Light's a nerd that ladies liked. Either way. I have faith that Wingard will direct a good adaptation.

Btw, there are two Death Note movies coming out. One's the Wiongard one, and the other's a supposed sequel to L: Change the World. And Bat, if you haven't heard anything good about live action anime movies, the first two of the live-action Death Note trilogy (Death Note, Death Note 2: The Last Name, L: Change the World), got good reviews. I didn't get far enough in the first one since it wasn't very creepy. Plus, the direction in the show is bombin.

Also, there's going to be a Ghost in the Shell live-action movie next year! I am freaking hyped. The first one was awesome for it's thought-provoking dialogue (only thing I really didn't like about the movie was the overblown head shot, if you know what I mean. No bullet would do that).

As live-action anime/manga films with good reviews go:

Mushi-Shi
Nana
Rurouni Kenshin
Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance

Oh, and apparently George Miller turned down the chance to direct an Akira film. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN AWESOME!

Edit: And James Cameron has the film rights to one of his favorite manga: Battle Angel Alita