Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #784 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I'm just saying, I played that music, I got the same feeling or vibes that I got from rock and roll only a couple times. =And like I said. I don't care about how genres were classified back then. This is today, and genre terms are more decisive, even if they are still vague. But either way, albums had a lot of labels back then and that's just disorganized. Rock and roll was more of a "term" for a scene consisting of many rock and pop and even country bands. Not very decisive. I already have an idea of what rock and roll means to me and I'll vote on whether they fit the bill or not, despite your objections. I never said anyone had to agree with me, but I would appreciate it if the only four people who are consistent on this thread do not hound me.

Like I said, I don't really care who wins. Rock and Roll is cool, but I don't have any high hopes for most of the rounds.

Also, using Disraeli Gears and Led Zeppelin aren't exactly fair because Disraeli Gears was a major influence in psychedelic music and Led Zeppelin helped pioneer hard rock and heavy metal.
Where would the fun be in that?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote