Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #16552 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I also remember reading some Avengers comics a little while back where they talked about the "Captain America affect". There's just something about the man that makes you want to be better. Chris Evans as Captain America is cheesy, but he really does do that. He makes me want to be a better person, even if his example is unrealistic. There is a power to that that can't be realized with the hilarious but cynical worldview of Iron Man. There's just something magical about Cap. Something that can't truly be deconstructed no matter how hard Alan Moore or Mark Millar tries. Something that's rooted deep inside every human being. I suppose it's that most basic instinct of altruism. That's Cap.
For sure, and I think while at times a patriotic American superhero might come off as cheesy or lame on the surface, it just works so well with his character. He really is the type of hero you aspire to be as a child when you're running around, playing by yourself. It only helps that Chris Evans is a total hunk, and sells it so well.

That scene in Age of Ultron when he's chopping wood at three times the speed of Tony Stark with half as much effort, he's like, the 80's Hulk Hogan of Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote