What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #16551 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
This we can agree on. I really never thought I would be all that crazy about him after seeing The First Avenger, but his character just keeps getting better and better to the point I was 110% team Cap for Civil War.
I also remember reading some Avengers comics a little while back where they talked about the "Captain America affect". There's just something about the man that makes you want to be better. Chris Evans as Captain America is cheesy, but he really does do that. He makes me want to be a better person, even if his example is unrealistic. There is a power to that that can't be realized with the hilarious but cynical worldview of Iron Man. There's just something magical about Cap. Something that can't truly be deconstructed no matter how hard Alan Moore or Mark Millar tries. Something that's rooted deep inside every human being. I suppose it's that most basic instinct of altruism. That's Cap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #16552 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I also remember reading some Avengers comics a little while back where they talked about the "Captain America affect". There's just something about the man that makes you want to be better. Chris Evans as Captain America is cheesy, but he really does do that. He makes me want to be a better person, even if his example is unrealistic. There is a power to that that can't be realized with the hilarious but cynical worldview of Iron Man. There's just something magical about Cap. Something that can't truly be deconstructed no matter how hard Alan Moore or Mark Millar tries. Something that's rooted deep inside every human being. I suppose it's that most basic instinct of altruism. That's Cap.
For sure, and I think while at times a patriotic American superhero might come off as cheesy or lame on the surface, it just works so well with his character. He really is the type of hero you aspire to be as a child when you're running around, playing by yourself. It only helps that Chris Evans is a total hunk, and sells it so well.

That scene in Age of Ultron when he's chopping wood at three times the speed of Tony Stark with half as much effort, he's like, the 80's Hulk Hogan of Marvel.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #16553 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

As of the past few days, I've acquired quite a few films on my computer (not so legally might I add )

Son Of Saul
The Tree of Life
The Lobster
Dogtooth
Animal Kingdom (seen it before, fantastic film)
Un Prophete
Enemy
Baadassss!
Love & Mercy
Mean Streets
Mother (Madeo)
Requiem For. A Dream
Steve Jobs
The Raid 2 (seen it already)
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
Under The Skin
Holy Motors

Which one should I watch first
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #16554 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

If you haven't already seen Hardcore Henry, then forget all that pansy **** and watch that. And if it's not on the internet yet, then get off your beaner ass and go see it.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #16555 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If you haven't already seen Hardcore Henry, then forget all that pansy **** and watch that. And if it's not on the internet yet, then get off your beaner ass and go see it.


Believe me son, I've seen it. It's the best action movie ever made.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #16556 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Believe me son, I've seen it. It's the best action movie ever made.
I might be willing to say that, but I'd have to rewatch The Raid and Crank 2 before I gave it that honor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #16557 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
As of the past few days, I've acquired quite a few films on my computer (not so legally might I add )

Son Of Saul
The Tree of Life
The Lobster
Dogtooth
Animal Kingdom (seen it before, fantastic film)
Un Prophete
Enemy
Baadassss!
Love & Mercy
Mean Streets
Mother (Madeo)
Requiem For. A Dream
Steve Jobs
The Raid 2 (seen it already)
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
Under The Skin
Holy Motors

Which one should I watch first
Dogtooth and Requiem for a Dream. The last two are great too.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #16558 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

Zootopia. Really good characters.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #16559 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Dogtooth and Requiem for a Dream.
Dogtooth is one of the most unique and messed up movies I've ever seen. Requiem is one of the most depressing. Incredible cinematography and acting though. Ellen Burstyn was robbed of the best supporting actress award that year.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:12 AM   #16560 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
About this point, it seems impossible for there to be a bad MCU film.
Yeah, no. I know it was already said but I can't stand the Thor movies. I haven't watched them entirely yet. The first Captain America movie was a bit rough also but at least I made it through that one. The third Iron Man was a flop. I can't believe they did that to Mandarin.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Even Amazing Spider-Man 1, as ****ing flawed as it is, might actually be better. James Garfield is certainly superior to Tobey MaGuire at the very least.
NO way man, James Garfield was so smarmy that he wasn't a believable Peter Parker to me. He came off as way too cool to be him. Having a skateboarding montage and **** like come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Creamcheese View Post
Speaking of Marvel movies, is there any love out there for Blade?
I feel like that doesn't even need to be said. Everyone loves Blade for what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
As of the past few days, I've acquired quite a few films on my computer (not so legally might I add )

The Lobster
Under The Skin



Which one should I watch first
I'd love to hear what you think of these two. I need to watch them as well and can't wait.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.