Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor Archives
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #166 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

I haven't listened to them all. But I can say I've heard six or seven KC albums from different eras. I can also say that jazz-rock sounds NOTHING like Jazz-Fusion. Take a listen to Head Hunters and then listen to Aja. Tell me what you think. It doesn't take even a newb to tell the difference. I'm writing a review for Head Hunters (which I'm listening to now), and it talks about how any rock influence in jazz-rock may be replaced with soul, pop, or funk influence. In fact, I can't really call Head Hunters a rock album. If you want to state it's a rock genre, fine by me. But logically, the one that should stay is Jazz-Rock because the rock influence is far more apparent. If more people agree the two are different, will you consider reuploading the list?

Also: Jack Johnson = Jazz-FUSION, not ROCK.
Aja = Jazz ROCK.

Plus, if you're going to talk about King Crimson being jazz-fusion, don't use songs from Red and their debut as examples...

You keep confusing the two. Like I said: Jazz-Fusion has more soul, funk, and pop inlfuence while jazz-rock is basically rock with jazzz influence.