Music Banter - View Single Post - Internet censorship and the death of free speech.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #211 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I think your blind hatred of Christianity has you confused.
You have me all wrong. I don't hate Christianity at all. Not one bit.

I hate what people have done in its name throughout mankind's history.

I hate those that in our modern times will still hold up a bible as an excuse for their intolerance and damnation of those "different" from them.

I hate those who want to push the bible into my every day life. Want to set widespread rules for everyone based on it. I hate the "my way (the bible) or the highway" attitudes.

I hate those that kill based on their interpretation of what the bible text reads. The Army of God for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_o...United_States)

P.S. The same goes for The Koran and extreme Islamic terrorism.

"Ever since the Crusades, when Christians from western Europe were fighting holy wars against Muslims in the near east, western people have often perceived Islam as a violent and intolerant faith - even though when this prejudice took root Islam had a better record of tolerance than Christianity. - Karen Armstrong"

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote