Music Banter - View Single Post - Political parties
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
This is why I don't really follow politics anymore (aside from pure laziness). Back when I still cared, I found that trying to remain informed led me to side with one party over the other, even just a little, and I would inevitably treat the other party as the opposition, rather than just people with a different opinion. Eventually this retarded my own ability to think critically because I had become emotionally invested in politics, and emotion is the antithesis of reason.

Politics may be necessary, but I refuse to subvert my brain for the sake of my fellow automatons. Let people who can't help themselves but become involved pick up that torch. I'm done caring about politics to any great extent.
I agree, I can't be bothered with politics to any large extent either, because it would mean having to join a political party that would force me to subscribe to a uniform set of values.

Each issue should be approached objectively, and an opinion should be derived only upon carefully analyzing the facts, not ideological sentiment.

Unfortunately there are too many people out there that believe politics can do wonders for their life. As a result, they often become religiously feverous in their beliefs, and completely intolerant of someone who has an opposing view.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote