Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #1795 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Let me start by saying I'm not really familiar with any of those bands so these might not be what you're looking for, but they're all still prog metal that kicks ass so check em' out.

The obvious one is Mastodon

Devin Townsend is an essential as well imo

These guys are hands down the best modern thrash band imo, and the way they incorporate prog metal elements into their sound is beautiful.

Prog death metal can kick some serious ass at times too, and this stuff is environmentally friendly to boot.

maudlin of the Well are one of the best progressive metal bands around, and their jazzy, avant-garde style is out of this world (astral projection joke.)

And last but not least, Enslaved. One of my favourite black metal bands thanks in large part to the fact they take such a primitive, raw, brutal genre and manage to incorporate a very impressive amount of technical musicianship without allowing their sound to lose it's roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good

Last edited by Ol’ Qwerty Bastard; 05-25-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote