Music Banter - View Single Post - College Campuses - A War on Free-Speech and Diversity of Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #177 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Yup. And universities are not required to give them a platform to speak, and some student unions quite ****tily represent the students (at least in my experience and from what I gather through other schools). That's why a lot of them turn to protest at some of these events, and why a small minority of them get violent and make themselves into super sexy news headlines. Sounds like freedom of speech to me. You know what actually violates the constitution?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UC_D...spray_incident

I brought up that work example because what is happening at a lot of these schools in a generally peaceful manner that a lot of news sources turn a blind eye to. Students are given the idea that they have some voice in what goes on at their college, and it's the same idea that they shouldn't be forced to host things that are by and large abhorred by the student body in place of something that actually serve their interests.

So quit falling victim to scary conservative click bait about them youngins and how they want you to lose all of your rights. This whole ordeal is so sensationalized and alarmist.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote