Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #3884 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
It's actually shocking how much money you can save if you buy the ingredients to cook as opposed to paying for meals all the time. Especially if you buy in bulk at Costco etc.
yeah cooking in bulk is the one tbh and no dicking around when you're hungry, just take a meal out the freezer, defrost and eat.

EDIT: For Indian stuff especially you can get the cost down loads. Initial outlay for the spices is a lot, but if you eat it regular it's cheap as fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
It's also a good skill to have when you're in a pinch. I saved a cookout from utter disappointment this last weekend. The guy manning the grill got a case of vertigo, and asked me to step in. I saved the bland veggie kabobs with some sweet and sour glaze that I whipped up from some chinese food take-out packets, and then cooked all the meats to perfection. Even the kids were complimenting me on their burgers. The marinated Porterhouse steaks I brought were the big hit though.

Here's the Kabobs I saved, before I took over and did the initial taste test (some Salmon steaks there in front). They had pineapple included in them so I figured sweet and sour would work best, and it really did the trick:

They looked real purdy, but they sucked until I did the glaze. Then went the burgers and dogs. The steaks went on last since I needed extremely high heat. Lots of compliments and everybody was happy. Lots of laughs too. Good food just brings out the happiness in people.
Very nice mate looks spot on
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote