Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2016, 12:03 PM   #3881 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Plus it's very rewarding when you cook something that comes out really good. Pick up an easy recipe book and just follow the directions closely. Voila! You can cook.
Nothing worse than a chef who cooks you something and sucks his own dick about how good the food is for the whole meal though.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #3882 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Yeah same, I know people who can barely cook beans on toast, I just don't get how you can get to your 20s not able to do things like roast a chicken. Cooking is quite relaxing and enjoyable. Spend about half a day most weekends in the kitchen doing something in bulk then put in portions and freeze for the week. Decent life skill to have imo.
It's also a good skill to have when you're in a pinch. I saved a cookout from utter disappointment this last weekend. The guy manning the grill got a case of vertigo, and asked me to step in. I saved the bland veggie kabobs with some sweet and sour glaze that I whipped up from some chinese food take-out packets, and then cooked all the meats to perfection. Even the kids were complimenting me on their burgers. The marinated Porterhouse steaks I brought were the big hit though.

Here's the Kabobs I saved, before I took over and did the initial taste test (some Salmon steaks there in front). They had pineapple included in them so I figured sweet and sour would work best, and it really did the trick:



They looked real purdy, but they sucked until I did the glaze. Then went the burgers and dogs. The steaks went on last since I needed extremely high heat. Lots of compliments and everybody was happy. Lots of laughs too. Good food just brings out the happiness in people.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #3883 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nothing worse than a chef who cooks you something and sucks his own dick about how good the food is for the whole meal though.
See above post.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #3884 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
It's actually shocking how much money you can save if you buy the ingredients to cook as opposed to paying for meals all the time. Especially if you buy in bulk at Costco etc.
yeah cooking in bulk is the one tbh and no dicking around when you're hungry, just take a meal out the freezer, defrost and eat.

EDIT: For Indian stuff especially you can get the cost down loads. Initial outlay for the spices is a lot, but if you eat it regular it's cheap as fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
It's also a good skill to have when you're in a pinch. I saved a cookout from utter disappointment this last weekend. The guy manning the grill got a case of vertigo, and asked me to step in. I saved the bland veggie kabobs with some sweet and sour glaze that I whipped up from some chinese food take-out packets, and then cooked all the meats to perfection. Even the kids were complimenting me on their burgers. The marinated Porterhouse steaks I brought were the big hit though.

Here's the Kabobs I saved, before I took over and did the initial taste test (some Salmon steaks there in front). They had pineapple included in them so I figured sweet and sour would work best, and it really did the trick:

They looked real purdy, but they sucked until I did the glaze. Then went the burgers and dogs. The steaks went on last since I needed extremely high heat. Lots of compliments and everybody was happy. Lots of laughs too. Good food just brings out the happiness in people.
Very nice mate looks spot on
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #3885 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Were the potatoes par boiled before getting skewered? Can't imagine they'd cook through if they went on raw.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #3886 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,800
Default

Tfw shishkabobs with multiple kinds of produce doesnt cook evenly
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #3887 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Very nice mate looks spot on
Thanks. I don't take pics of my food, but the GF wanted me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Were the potatoes par boiled before getting skewered? Can't imagine they'd cook through if they went on raw.
Nope. I had to let them cook out for a while on low heat. I didn't make those, but was asked to see what I could do with them. Those were a crazy idea from the GF. She's not a very good cook, and I've saved quite a few of her dishes over the years. The end result of those kabobs was a bit of charring on the veggies, but the glaze just kind of covered, or added to the burnt flavor. It went from disgusting to pleasantly edible. Like guac on poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Tfw shishkabobs with multiple kinds of produce doesnt cook evenly
Tfw you're asked to work with that.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:19 PM   #3888 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,438
Default

tfw kabobs and kebabs
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #3889 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
tfw kabobs and kebabs
*insert Flight of the Conchords reference*
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #3890 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
*insert Flight of the Conchords reference*
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.