Music Banter - View Single Post - Politics In Music
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
It's not just that...obviously. It's you jumping from one thread to another to dog me with your virulent objections to Christianity. If you're that obsessed with the religion, I suggest you look into it more. You know, it's okay to be gay these days. You don't have to hide it anymore. Same thing with your Christianity fetish.

I created that thread because I observed you MBers are always referencing (Not Your) Lord and Savior Jesus Christ all over the boards. You just can't keep it contained to one thread, can you?
Huh? I'm trying to have a conversation about propaganda as art. Nothing I've said in this thread has anything to do with any kind of objection to Christianity. I'm simply pointing out that most of the great artwork from most of human history is propaganda of one kind or another. In the west that means a huge percentage of it is Christian propaganda. I'm not saying that to disparage it, it simply is what it is. I still love a lot of it. When I saw La Sagrada Familia in person, for example, its beauty nearly bought tears to my eyes. Just last week I was lucky enough to get to see Bruegel's The Fall of the Rebel Angels in person and was absolutely blown away. Both are propaganda—and propaganda of an ideology I disagree with no less—but I still think they're amazing works of art.

Last edited by Janszoon; 06-02-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote