Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #11419 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I used to thnik Loveless was extremely overrated. Well I listened to MBV to get more uses to their style a couple moths later. So I played Loveless again, and I got why it was so good.

Basically, you may just need to get more used to their style before you can get why people love it or before you can like it. That's something I do to get used to bands more easily.
I agree, for sure. I think it's because, for me personally at least, I typically go into "classic" albums with a preconceived notion of how it will/how it should sound, and more often than not, it doesn't sound how I would expect.

With that being said, I feel I've given the album more than enough chances, and it still hasn't grown on me in the slightest, but I'm looking forward to going back to it after hearing more of their material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote