Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #413 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You were talking about states though. Anyway, why are you comparing Seattle and Portland to London? These are not equivalent cities at all. If you want to compare like to like, you should be comparing London to New York City, or Portland and Seattle to somewhere like Leeds.
I never compared Seattle or Portland to London. I said that San Francisco pales in comparison to Vancouver or London, and note that Vancouver is a lot smaller than San Fran.

If I wear to compare Vancouver to Seattle, the most fairest comparison, though Seattle is still quite bigger, the differences would be staggering.

I mentioned London to tie things back into the Brexit debate, because that ultimately is what this argument is about. Your right I could have used say Birmingham or Manchester. I think that would be a more fairer comparison, but I doubt it would effect my perception on things.

Although there are some very culturally diverse cities in the United States, New York, Chicago ect, my perception from visiting your country on the larger scale is that you haven't had the accelerated immigration or embrace of multiculturalism that the United Kingdom, Canada, and many other western nations have had. (I would mention Australia but they're on the ball when it comes to this)

After all, you are still a right of center country. You haven't embraced multiculturalism as official policy, and you haven't had experiences with politically correct human rights tribunals that subjectively censor free speech.

In short, you guys are in the complete dark about this stuff. You deal with the political problems of a right of center country like the religious right trying to ban contraception and we deal the political problems of a left wing country like social justice warriors. Completely different.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote