Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #411 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Why are you comparing London and Vancouver to US states instead of to US cities?
I was also referring to Seattle and Portland when I drive through these States, as when I drive down that's obviously where I spend my time.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #412 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
I was also referring to Seattle and Portland when I drive through these States, as when I drive down that's obviously where I spend my time.
You were talking about states though. Anyway, why are you comparing Seattle and Portland to London? These are not equivalent cities at all. If you want to compare like to like, you should be comparing London to New York City, or Portland and Seattle to somewhere like Leeds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #413 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You were talking about states though. Anyway, why are you comparing Seattle and Portland to London? These are not equivalent cities at all. If you want to compare like to like, you should be comparing London to New York City, or Portland and Seattle to somewhere like Leeds.
I never compared Seattle or Portland to London. I said that San Francisco pales in comparison to Vancouver or London, and note that Vancouver is a lot smaller than San Fran.

If I wear to compare Vancouver to Seattle, the most fairest comparison, though Seattle is still quite bigger, the differences would be staggering.

I mentioned London to tie things back into the Brexit debate, because that ultimately is what this argument is about. Your right I could have used say Birmingham or Manchester. I think that would be a more fairer comparison, but I doubt it would effect my perception on things.

Although there are some very culturally diverse cities in the United States, New York, Chicago ect, my perception from visiting your country on the larger scale is that you haven't had the accelerated immigration or embrace of multiculturalism that the United Kingdom, Canada, and many other western nations have had. (I would mention Australia but they're on the ball when it comes to this)

After all, you are still a right of center country. You haven't embraced multiculturalism as official policy, and you haven't had experiences with politically correct human rights tribunals that subjectively censor free speech.

In short, you guys are in the complete dark about this stuff. You deal with the political problems of a right of center country like the religious right trying to ban contraception and we deal the political problems of a left wing country like social justice warriors. Completely different.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #414 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Just like how only people who have been to space can have a basic understanding of its beauty, right?
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #415 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
I never compared Seattle or Portland to London. I said that San Francisco pales in comparison to Vancouver or London, and note that Vancouver is a lot smaller than San Fran.

If I wear to compare Vancouver to Seattle, the most fairest comparison, though Seattle is still quite bigger, the differences would be staggering.

I mentioned London to tie things back into the Brexit debate, because that ultimately is what this argument is about. Your right I could have used say Birmingham or Manchester. I think that would be a more fairer comparison, but I doubt it would effect my perception on things.

Although there are some very culturally diverse cities in the United States, New York, Chicago ect, my perception from visiting your country on the larger scale is that you haven't had the accelerated immigration or embrace of multiculturalism that the United Kingdom, Canada, and many other western nations have had. (I would mention Australia but they're on the ball when it comes to this)

After all, you are still a right of center country. You haven't embraced multiculturalism as official policy, and you haven't had experiences with politically correct human rights tribunals that subjectively censor free speech.

In short, you guys are in the complete dark about this stuff. You deal with the political problems of a right of center country like the religious right trying to ban contraception and we deal the political problems of a left wing country like social justice warriors. Completely different.
Here's the thing: the US has a higher percentage of foreign-born residents than the UK does, so your perception doesn't jibe with reality.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm

Last edited by Janszoon; 07-01-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #416 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Based is supposed to be a good thing but fuck that Douglas twat. It makes complete sense why Clancy and the other few that brought up his name would worship him. Speaks volumes.

He can't even answer a simple question without trying to push his agenda. He's a typical politician.
What's your issue with man like Doug? He's quality.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #417 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
man like Doug?
I can't tell if this is a grammar error or if you're calling him a monkey.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #418 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

British slang I think.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #419 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,188
Default

^
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #420 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,592
Default

My bad I don't speak the language.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.