Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 AM   #652 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Now I'd like to answer the question again, this time with a proud and optimistic YAY!, such has been the impact of watching the documentary below, "Brexit The Movie." Made several months before the referendum, it explains in simple terms, and then demolishes, the trade theory behind the single market and re-affirms my initial belief that the EU is a cumbersome, self-promoting money-guzzling monster. So my latest answer is, "We're out at last! Well done Britain!"
]
I guess my question is, why hasn't the UK left already? You are not "out at last", and haven't even started truly cutting the cords. The person who made that film showed every advantage of leaving the EU, such as knowing who your representatives are (and honestly, most people probably don't know who their local representatives are...much less the EU's. That showing the pictures bit that they do in the film has been repeated time and time again in many different countries with different political representatives...most just really don't care I think. Admittedly, I have met a few people who are reps for Sweden in the EU and it is a pretty sweet job. But really, any type of political job is usually overpayed and full of nice kickbacks which makes one regret not working in politics). The film shows nothing about what could happen if you voted "leave" (which most did. And the people who pushed leave pretty much left all acountability when it went to hell on the British economy). I have to admit, the fish market scene did seem a bit fishy though . What kind of fish market opens so late in the day? All that was left would have been the crap fish by the time the film guys showed up. And do you honestly think that the UK could keep pushing out so much fish withought some kind of regulation? Seems almost like overfishing which just ends up in waste..but that is just my opinion.

Ok. So, you vote out of the EU. So leave it already. I am tired of hearing about the "negotiations"...you cannot expect to get the same type of trading deals, breaks, etc. if you are not in it can you? And most likely, in order to have certain trade deals with the EU and the like, you will have to accept alot of things you will not like, just as Switzerland has to in regards to immigration, giving money to the EU and not having any representation or say in it at all, making products that still correspond to the EUs regulations etc. (this was not taken up in the Brexit movie in the half I did not watch was it? )

It just seems to me that, in the end, what will happen is that (after you finally cut that cord), the UK will just create a smaller scale version of the great EU machine. People still will not know who their representatives are, it will be full of nonsense regulations and trade deals based upon tradeoffs. The UK will have to accept things that they will not want to in order to get access to certain markets and this might include such things as higher immigration (which was a major issue for the whole Brexit leave party). Before this whole Brexit, I doubt most people cared about the EU. As long as they have their job, can put bread on the table, and have a decent life. The only ones who probably cared (realistically) were the bureacrats whose deals did not go through due to some regulation blocking it. And now there are many people who are loosing their jobs because companies are moving out of the UK or may have to deal with the fact that things may be a bit harder in the UK or cost more and it seems that the EU is still being blamed for this? Or is it just me?

I am just glad Pokemon Go came out. Gives the world something fun to focus on

Last edited by Lilja; 07-22-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote