Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #657 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Until two years after the invoking of Art. 50, the UK is still a complete part of the EU. the only limitation is that it (logically) is asked to leave the room when questions concerning the EU position in the negotiation of the Brexit is underway.
^ Thanks for clarification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
@Lisnaholic, Wouldn't is just have been easier to just dissolve the House of Lords? Why keep them if the EU's anonominity seems like such a threat to the average person? Isn't getting into the House of Lords a smaller scale version of getting into the EU ruling body? Just saying..
^ HaHa! Yes, it's hard to justify the existence of the House of Lords, but we are lovers of tradition in Britain and because the H of L has been around for about 450 years, I think most people would feel guilty about abolishing it. It's like throwing out your family heirlooms! The good news is that it has very limited powers, the bad news is that it currently has 800 members. According to wiki: "The House of Lords is the only upper house of any bicameral parliament to be larger than its respective lower house."

I finally did a little research about Sweden, and I see that like the UK you are hanging on to your own currency. That's a wise decision imo, but shows some ambivalence in Sweden towards the EU. Perhaps you're not so different from us after all!

PS Do you have a pocketful of both euros and krona? How complicated is it to be using two currencies simultaneously?