Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #38272 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Friday I went to help celebrate a drummer friends birthday as his band rocked the house down at a local bar. I haven't seen that many booties on a dance floor in a long time. His band and his playing were flawless. They did top 40 dance tunes, but dam they sounded tight. Kept the crowd happy too. All this after getting a call from my daughter saying that part of our condo is 2-3 inches under water. Apparently the toilet in her room needs a new assembly, AND it clogged at the same time, so it was running over for a good hour before she noticed. I cleaned that up with some towels and a shop-vac and fixed the clog, set up a few fans, then went out for the night.

Saturday I went to our team party for a 5K benefit which followed the next morning. Drinking until midnight, then having to get up early to run a 5K is not recommended. I brought my Uke and we made up a team song though. It was actually a lot of fun.

Sunday I did the 5K in the morning, then I got invited to go out on my GF's brothers boat along with his daughters BF's boat. We tore up and down the Illinois river then stopped at a sand bar for some festivities. I'm pretty burnt. I need to wear sunscreen when I'm out on the water. I forgot about that. Ouch.

Today, I get to go to the Sox/Cubs crosstown classic with my daughter, which was a Fathers Day gift. We'll be *ouch taking the train in to the Cell, and back.

I'm hosting another Open Mic next Saturday, then *ouch a couple weeks after that I'll be playing a large concert in Michigan.

I don't know how long I can keep this pace up, but I think I'm *ouch winning at life at this point.

*sunburn hurts