Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #17155 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I thought Green Room was a borefest. Seemingly no plot. Patrick Stewart's character was supposed to be intimidating and scary and ended up being a total idiot, who employed idiots to do his deeds. Well we only have a few hours so grab a knife and go get shot. Ok we need to do this now heres a baseball bat go get killed. What a boring load of ****. This movie sucked on a very high level. Absolute dog crap, avoid at all cost. 1/5 stars. I will never trust IMDB again.
Bummer that you feel that way. What made me love it was the atmosphere, acting, and heavy doses of reflexive, dark humour.

I watched Time Lapse recently. The acting was hammy as **** and the ending was stupid (felt like they had to rush writing or shooting it or something like that), but apart from that it was really interesting. These three friends find a camera that takes a picture one day into the future and it starts to **** with everything. Really interesting exploration of the bootstrap paradox (paradox of time travel that occurs when an object or piece of information sent back in time becomes trapped within an infinite cause-effect loop in which the item no longer has a discernible point of origin, and is said to be “uncaused” or “self-created”).

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote