Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #17156 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Ghostbusters

was seriously worried about this one and i loved it. The characters were really fun and the comedy was great...all of the cameos were hilarious....overall relax and enjoy what was meant to be a fun movie....i just wish they had tied it in with the other films rather than just recreating....either way it was a blast
I also thought this was better than expected. I'm also a little bummed they didn't continue the story with new characters, but considering the vibe is so much different, I think that's ok. Actually, the vibe and style of comedy was the most disappointing part - it was very modern and fitting with the styles of the comedians, but it was more a surreal satire while the originals were grounded in realism (with extraordinary things happening around them, of course) and the characters just happened to have great comedic timing. THAT is what made the original such a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Everybody Wants Some!!

Richard Linklater's "sequel" to Dazed and Confused....which is in no way an actual sequel but more a continuation of theme and feeling...follows a group of baseball players just before their new semester of school starts including four freshman

like Dazed and Confused this film is simple in plot....the transition of youth into adulthood and like Dazed and Confused it's well written, well shot, and very well acted....another great movie of just watching people live
I haven't seen this yet, but interesting story - I went to middle school/high school with the guy who plays Nesbit (who is also Dwight in the Walking Dead). He was an interesting guy. One night he was hanging out with my brother and got hammered. That night, he busted into my room crying about how worthless he is and how he wanted to be more like my brother and me. People, man.