Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do others call my musical taste boring?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Okay I'm drunk so I'm gonna rate all those songs based on a Party Hardy (PH) 1-10 system, where a 10 equals John Belushi levels of party animal savagery, with a 1 being a nursing home bingo event.

* This has nothing to do with a song's quality, just it's ability to make me want to go legs up on a keg.

*Lurgee by Radiohead

I tried dancing to this, but my leg fell asleep. 1/10

*Clocks by Coldplay

I know this might sound weird, but I have seriously never listened to Coldplay, at least not to my knowledge. No real reason why, I just have never cared enough to do so. Not a bad song, sort of like a combination of the most tepid but still good parts of U2 and Radiohead or something, but I ain't gettin' down to this on a dance floor. 2/10

*Bionic by Placebo

I got my beer bong ready... **** this I'm going for some Ke$ha. 1/10

*Porcelain by Moby

So... like... do you listen to anything but adult contemporary for twenty-somethings? 1/10

*You Don't Have to Tell Me Now by Grant Hart

I'm not even a minute into this and I'm already awarding it a PH level of .5/10

*Untitled by Interpol

Okay, so I was right that one time I listened to Interpol. 1/10

*Vapour Trail by Ride

Oh hey! A band I know and kinda like. 2/10

*Pieces by Dinosaur Jr

You have a chance to post a band with some excitement and this sleepery is what you come up with? Not a bad song at all, but... 2/10

*Shining Light by Ash

This reminds me of the indie rock version of Lifehouse. If you don't know what that is then just know that it isn't a compliment. 1/10

*If You're Thinking Of Me by Dodgy

Man I got **** to do. 1/10

*Disorder by Joy Division

I kind of hate Joy Division, but this is actually the most exciting song yet, even if I don't particularly like it, so... 3/10

If you don't care about what people think, then listen to what you want to listen to, cause **** all that noise, but if you're worried that people think your music is boring, then... you have legitimate cause for concern.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote