Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:28 AM   #17219 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
My issues with Suicide Squad:

From the very beginning it comes across as a rushed mess. It's an origin scene with a 70's rock song recycled five times before we actually get into the story. There's way too many characters and the only one that gets even remotely fleshed out is Will Smith. The action scenes were trash. Jared Leto did well but got basically no screentime. The plot was predictable and the villains were awful and looked comically bad. There were several characters that could have been cut from the movie completely and it wouldn't change a thing. Killer Croc was only there to make terrible jokes. Harley was oversexualized and had no substance and was basically a bastardization of the great character from Batman TAS and the Arkham games. Batman was thrown into the movie for 2 stupid scenes where he does nothing simply so that they could say he was in it. The Flash cameo was cheap and pointless. The faceless henchmen get shot at by an entire military squadron and nothing happens to them, meanwhile Harley kills them by the dozen with a baseball bat.

I could keep going but man I just disliked a whole lot about it. Positives include some of the performances and humor but that's about it
Valid points that I just seemed to overlook because guess what? I know it's a superhero well super villain movie and I just give those movies passes on smaller things. There have been certain superhero movies that have come out lately that make us want to hold these big blockbusters to a higher standard but they aren't the norm. I'm just in it for the fun and it was fun to me regardless of those problems with it. I feel like they only fleshed out Will Smith's character and gave him emotion because they didn't really have time to dig into each character the same way. The scene at the beginning was great to get people acclimated with characters they don't know for the most part. If you are a nerdy ass fan and already knew the information then I can see why it pissed you off or you thought it was unnecessary. It wasn't meant for you.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote