Music Banter - View Single Post - #downwithfrown
Thread: #downwithfrown
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #316 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Ignoring it and moving on is what creates this attitude in the first place. The fact that you specifically defended a bad attitude after things clearly got out of hand suggests you're intentionally denying respect. I never said respect was a rule, but it kind of confuses me when you'd rather be insulted to an emotional breaking point rather than be respected.

And don't you think the fact that everybody does it suggests that you're specifically following a common fad or rule to be disrespectful to others? Isn't it kind of an oxymoron to do the same thing everyone else does and then say that you're not going to change your attitude to what's "acceptible?" Obviously, a bad attitude has become more acceptible in this screwed up world.

If people are going to take jokes from others, we should take the time to know each other's sensitive areas. In fact, if you're wondering why "the world is so screwed up" like everyone says, it's little things like forgetting about respect because it's not common on the internet. Fixing it starts with the little things, like internet respect. I'm not pushing for a rule, but there's a reason I don't troll often. And if it's not second nature for you to be respectful and possibly thrive on it, that frightens me a little.

But the real problem in this specific situation isn't that. It's whether or not a moderator, someone's who's supposed to set an example for his subordinates, is willing to push a user to his emotional breaking point before the user flips out. And clearly, it causes the user to leave at times. it might be "common" or "standard practice" to troll people online, but it's also "standard practice" to put rat **** in hot dogs. And if I'm going to take any rat **** from anyone, I'd like for it to be a regular user instead of a moderator.