Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #3953 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Alright, let's say that we did the whole thing with giving black people free education. I'm not denying that aftereffects of slavery and Jim Crow and segregation and etc have hamstrung the black community to a very real extent, but whereas affirmative action, even if you support it, is at its very core an unfair practice, it does not create so massive a gap of fairness as making whites sign their life away to the student loan Nazis while giving blacks a free pass.

I'm not necessarily against free college education for all, assuming it can be made workable, but if you start with blacks then where is the end game? Do they get free education for the rest of eternity? Does one generation just get the shaft when the government decides that the policy has outlived its usefulness? Do the rest of us all of a sudden start getting education for free once there's at least a reasonable amount of equality?

I'm honestly not dead set against the idea, as like I said, the last four hundred years have dug a hole that black people are still trying to dig out of, but free education just for blacks just sounds like possibly a terrible idea.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote