Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #572 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Regardless of how over or underplayed it is, depending on the group of people you're talking to, it's still a problem that needs to be addressed. It goes beyond brutality. It's the way cops are viewed in American society. Unless you have a connection most people are intimidated by cops nowadays (in my experience). People get nervous when a cop is behind them while driving. People just expect to be harassed by them now unless they are called for help or show up during emergencies. It's not like it used to be where cops were a part of the community.

I know where I grew up a large portion of the harassment came from rookie cops, young arrogant pricks, trying to make a name for themselves or look good for the department. Idk, if that's just young cop mentality or pressure from the higher ups and concern for their careers, but my god is it ****ing annoying.
Never had problems with the police, so I have no frame of reference, but if the problem isn't being reported correctly then it's possible that the wrong questions are being given the wrong answers. Sensationalism does not lead to logical discourse or constructive solutions. It just leads to witch hunts.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote