Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Battle
Thread: Metal Battle
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:21 AM   #228 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
yeah, of course. a lot of my friends are into metal and we've got local bands too.

if you want to know about lebanon in particular theres this website

LebMetal

there are some documentaries about metal in lebanon/the middle east on youtube as well although they're mostly old and for me personally, i felt they were kind of outdated

hmmm, what else...... there are metal bands from saudi arabia, bahrain, kuwait, jordan, palestine, morocco, the list goes on. its all underground, its not mainstream but yeah, it definitely exists.
Cool thanks, I hope a lot of the bands have a Middle Eastern flavor to it, instead of just sounding like American bands.

Curious question. During heavy metals hey day in the 1980's there was this fear of heavy metal and its association with satanism. So of course a lot of the bands played that up, (Motley Cure, obviously Slayer)

Do heavy metal bands do that in the Middle East, and would there be any consequences in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or to a lesser extent Lebanon, if bands started to denounce Allah and took a satanic spin on Islam? Just curious?
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote