Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #17805 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
I don't know about that (aside from Joe Grizzly, that part is ****ing awesome) but House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are two of my fav guilty pleasure films.
There's a lot of goofy **** and odd writing decisions going on in those movies, but as a series they're easily the most engaging thing about the franchise I've seen yet besides '78 Halloween. I think my fav thing about them is that they really show Michael Myers' physicality in a way that I've never seen before, even in the original. I honestly can't think of any slasher movie with violence as visually visceral as Zombie's Halloweens, just from a standpoint of how the killer moves.

Spoiler for spoiler:
You talk about Joe Grizzly, and that's definitely a standout part. I can't really think of many parts in any of the other movies that really made Myers looks like the engine of destruction he's supposed to be, but that part where he repeatedly slams a very large man into a bathroom stall until the stall wall actually crumples is pretty brutal. Also gotta shout out to the crushing-the-stripper's-face-against-a-wall scene from II.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote