Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #12900 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You might have heard it but the way that you depict it makes me believe that you didn't listen. Huge difference.

You don't think that there's any possibility that you're blinded by nostalgia?
Now you are going to criticize my listening skills because I don't like most of your stuff and a lot of the YT vids you post? That's like criticizing someone's taste buds because they don't like the same foods as you do.

And no it's not nostalgia. My listening tastes range between stuff written hundreds of years ago right up to the present. But I don't toss away the stuff I liked in the 1980s just because we're into the 2010s.

Your debate skills on this are eroding fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm using boring in the sense that the music feels so overdone and pointless that it bores me. I've heard the penatonic scale, Satriani has nothing to offer me.
If you think that all Satriani is is the pentatonic scale, then there's no hope for you. Maybe it's you that needs to refine your listening skills, eh?

Another fave track from Joe.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote