Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #3010 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Why I'd vote for him--if I were voting, though again, I won't be voting--was the subject of these two paragraphs:

Quote:
I like Trump's unapologetic iconoclasm--although whether he'd keep that up in office is another matter, and I like the fact that (a) he's not a career politician, and (b) he's quite experienced in business instead. I have more confidence that that combination could produce some social changes than someone who has been a career politician with a long history of Washington ties. That's just going to give us the same ol' same ol'. With Trump, maybe we'd wind up with the same ol' same ol' anyway, but I think there's more of a chance that there might be changes, and I think we need changes.

Aside from that, I've never really cared for Hillary. I wasn't a fan of Bill when he was in office, either. (Although not that I've been a fan of any president in my lifetime.) But we already had the Clintons in office for 8 years. That was enough.
Also, I don't agree that anything Trump has said is racist. That's a whole can of worms though, as it's a pet peeve of mine that people so readily interpret all sorts of stuff as racist, sexist/misogynistic, etc.